Sunday, January 17, 2010

Scramble, Soup and Mac n Cheeze

On Wednesday I woke up and decided I wanted to make a tofu scramble from the Vegan with a Vengeance cookbook. So I started making it and it had an option to do a spice blend scramble and I decided to make it. That was a big mistake. It tasted like curry..and I'm not that big of a fan of curry. So needless to say it pretty much went to waste because Nicole and I disliked is so much! I will make this again...just not with the spice blend in it.

The same day I also decided to make a Celery Root with Granny Smith Apples soup. You're supposed to blend it in a blender but I just mashed it with a potato masher. I liked the chunks in it and it was Apple-solutely delicious!!! It kind of takes a while to prep, because you have to make a cashew cream and a chive oil, cut the celery roots and apples, onions and all that then wait for it to boil and then usually you're supposed to blend it in batches..so it takes a while to make. But well worth it!

Yesterday for lunch I made a mac n cheeze recipe from a site I found: www.randomgirl.com/recipes.html And it was pretty good. I added garlic powder and then a chili garlic sauce to it and it was awesome! I also recommend adding some soy milk in it just to make it a little more creamy and smoother. I paired it with some spicy chili hot dogs from Yves...and those were blah! They tasted just like the scramble and I couldn't eat them. I should've got the regular kind because I know I would've enjoyed them. But yeah, it's all about trial and error.

So far we're doing very well on our path to living a veggie/vegan lifestyle. I actually enjoy the food a lot more than when I ate meat. I found it was getting repetative and boring. There are so many different things you can make as a vegetarian or vegan. Nicole and I are going to make seitan (sp?) soon. I can't wait!

Oh yeah, I also made some guacamole with a homemade tofu mayonnaise. I got the recipe out a Kraft "What's Cooking" mag and just used the tofu mayo instead of the regular mayo and it is awesome! It pretty much tastes the exact same. I love to add diced tomatoes to it too. I'll be adding pics soon. :) taa taa for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment