Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pasta with Artichoke Hearts

Ok so after my blogging frenzy a few days ago, I didn't really have much to say so I didn't blog yesterday(not to mention my internet was out most of the day.) And I was watching Jersey Shore all day. haha

I think I'm doing pretty good at trying to stick to a vegan diet. Yesterday for lunch I had a tofurkey wrap with a ton of veggies and vegannaise. It was delish. :) For dinner I had a yummy salad with a homemade balsamic vinegarette dressing. That was good too.

Today for lunch I found a recipe for a pasta and artichoke heart salad. I was thinking about making something like this and then I came across it. So I was pretty excited. So here is the recipe:

Creamy Pasta Salad with Artichoke Hearts

~ 1/4 c vegan mayonnaise
~ 2 tbsp lemon juice
~ 2 c cooked pasta (elblow, rotini, or small shells)
~ 4 green onions, chopped
~ 1 6oz jar of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
~ 1 1/2 tbs fresh or 1/2 tbsp dried basil
~ 1/2 tsp salt

Stir the mayonnaise and lemon juice into pasta. Add the green onions, artichoke hearts, basil, and salt and mix well. If salad is too dry, add more mayo and/or lemon juice.

I looked in my fridge and realized I didn't have lemon juice so I used lime juice instead. I also didn't have green onions (which I didn't mind because I don't like onions anyway.) So I left them out, but I added green peppers, mushrooms, and black olives. I also added pepper, garlic powder (I love garlic), and tabasco sauce. And it was awesome :) I will definitely be
making this again. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be eaten hot or cold, but I think it will be good either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment