Friday, January 8, 2010

Cashews..In Chili!?

Ok, so the other day Nicole and I went grocery shopping and bought a lot of amazing stuff to start us on the right track. We bought Silk soy chocolate milk (I've been craving it forever!), Silk original soy milk and Silk unsweetened soy milk (it was a buy 1 get one free kind of deal.) We also bought a ton of organic stuff which included; soy yogurt, sour cream and cream cheese from Yoso. The yogurt was awesome but the sour cream and cream cheese were gross. They had a sweet taste and a plasticey after taste. So if anyone knows about any soy sour cream or cream cheese that tastes good (even a recipe), it would be greatly appreciated. So we ended buying a few other things and the only items that were not organic were the green pepper and the ground cumin.

So anyways to the cashew chili..
It wasn't very hard to prepare, just chopping a lot of different veggies and opening a couple cans of kidney beans and such, adding the spices. Then letting it simmer for a few minutes. Add the cider vinegar and the cashews and poof there you have it. Your cashew chili. I thought it looked really watery, but it actually wasn't too bad. It was delicious! Nicole absolutely loved it. She actually told me today that I should just make the cashew chili for the rest of my life. I enjoyed it with crackers and without. I can't remember what site I got the recipe from so if you would like to try it message me for it or just look up Cashew chili on google. :)


Ok well that's all I have to say for now. And if you have any vegan recipes you'd like to share please feel free to do so. We're always looking for new things to make. Ok bye bye for now!

P.S. If anyone knows a good vegan chocolate fondue recipe (If there is such a thing) I would love to make it :) thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment