Friday, January 8, 2010

Banana Pancakes

All I have to say is YUM! And that's a pretty good compliment coming from me, seeing as I pretty much hate pancakes. These were absolutely delicioso! They weren't heavy and didn't give you that bloaty ugh feeling afterwards. They were so good. I didn't however garnish it with bananas like it said to..but they were still good non the less. I wasn't sure if I should post the recipe but Nicole said I should. So for all you that want to try a good vegan banana pancake recipe, here it is :)

Banana Pancakes

~ 1 c flour
~ 2 tsp baking powder
~ 1 banana, mashed
~ 1 1/4 c soy milk
~ 1 tbsp sugar
~ sliced banana for garnish

Mix flour and baking powder together in a large bowl. In a small bowl mash the banana with a fork and add 1/4 c of the soy milk. Mix until there are no lumps. Stir in banana mixture, the rest of the milk, and sugar into the flour mixture. Portion about 3/4 c of batter onto a hot, non-stick pan or oil frying pan and cover with a lid. Let it sit on medium heat until the center starts to bubble and become sturdy. Flip pancake and cook until golden brown. Serve topped with sliced banana and maple syrup or brown rice syrup.


I didn't cover the pancakes when I cooked them and they still turned out good. This recipe made about 5 - 6 pancakes. And this time I remembered to take a picture of them :) So I hope you guys try it and enjoy it as much as Nicole and I did.


I got this recipe off of www.randomgirl.com/recipes.html


I almost forgot to get a pic....so half way through the meal I remembered..that's why there is a chunk taken out haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment